Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Project 04 proposal


Beverly J Williams
ART2602 M/W 8-10:40
Fieldwork and Research Based Practice Proposal

            My investigation into a topic related to  the University of West Florida will be the property it leases on Santa Rosa Island.  The topics of my research will be into the history of the property since UWF acquired it, the past and present activities that happen there, maps, the birds, plants, aquatic life and aquatic plants that are present on the property and surrounding areas. There will be numerous avenues of approach to gathering information and documenting these for my project.
            The possible sources of information on the UWF property will be inclusive of the following. I will begin my research from the people suggested to me in class. These people might provide an insight into research that has been completed on the property. The Pace Library will be a great source of diverse information. Using the library and people on campus I should be able to come up with other possible sources of information.
Once I have completed my research there will be numerous trips to the property to observe the present conditions. The conditions will be documented using an iPhone camera and a GoPro 7 black. The collection of objects found in the area will include sand, asphalt, stones, shells, branches, and trash left by others. Some of the images and objects collected will be used in the final composition.
            My final product will be composed into linear web pages. The individual pages will document some of the results of the research I have completed. Some of the pages will contain images found in my research or images I have taken.  There may also be some pages that use my skills in Photoshop to create a composition of numerous images. A storyboard of images is also possible. Hopefully I will not discover any trash/debris left by others. Depending on the amount of trash I pick up and remove from the property, I will construct a composition using these materials. This will be documented by photographs and or video.  Should there be a sufficient amount of material, which again I hope there is not, I will create a 3D piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment